For Maintenance Needs Call 360-878-0051 (DO NOT TEXT)
Pierce County Call 253-777-5591
- Please be ready with the details (including the make and model of appliances if you can find the information) – this is a 24 hour 7 day a week live line, so if it is not an emergency, please call during daylight hours.
- If it is an emergency, such as water leaking into your home that you cannot easily shut off, please call any time.
- For emergencies involving threats to life such as fire, gas leaks, or water main breaks be sure everyone is safe and call 911! Then call us.
- If it is a non-emergency, non-critical item you are also welcome to email us at [email protected] or fill out the maintenance request form to the right of this information to contact your property management team. Howeverm for the best service, please call. Remember we want to know about it when it is dripping – don’t wait until it is flooding – you will never bug us by reporting a small item.
Upon being notified, your property manager will first assess the urgency of the problem on the phone with you by asking numerous questions and perhaps even have you try some immediate solutions for simple problems. If not solved immediately, one of our maintenance pros will contact you during the workweek – usually (depending upon the urgency) within 24 hours to set an appointment – you do not have to be there for this appointment but are welcome to do so provided it is a time that meets the urgency of the maintenance item. Be sure to have the area around the problem clean and free of clutter – this will save us all time and money. If our property maintenance team cannot solve the problem upon our visit, we will then connect a specialist to come in and take care of it. Please let your property managers know that the item(s) were taken care of satisfactorily – and certainly if they were not! If the problem persists or reappears, let us know immediately! Feedback is always important.
Please note, whenever we are on the property completing maintenance, the maintenance team member will also complete a property maintenance walkthrough checklist, accessing all rooms and systems located in the home, garage, or outbuildings. This helps us proactively find problems and take care of them prior to creating property damage or expensive fixes.
Washington State Law provides when landlords must begin work (but not solve) maintenance items – our goal is to always beat the expected times and with your help, by promptly reporting items when they are first noticed we will keep our good record intact. Of course, an item that falls on a weekend or holiday may take a bit more time to begin corrections than if reported during regular business hours – we do however respond 24 hours a day when necessary.
Washington State Law indicates that the initial action to resolve a problem must begin within the following timelines.
Heat/Hot & Cold Water/Electrical Service – examples include a hot water heater that produces no hot water – a furnace that fails – a main electrical panel that fails. . 24 hours
Major Appliances/Safety – examples include repair or replacement of refrigerators, washers, and dryers or an electrical outlet that has sparked out . . . 72 hours.
All other maintenance items excluding those regularly scheduled – examples might include a toilet handle problem, an interior door that won’t close right, a dishwasher not pumping out water, a fence that has been damaged . . . 10 days.
One challenge we sometimes have in our small community is getting appropriate parts or replacement items on the weekends or holidays. Due to COVID and natural disaster effects, this is especially true now.
Always call as soon as possible when a problem is noticed. DO NOT WAIT UNTIL FRIDAY AT 5:00 pm!
- SELF-HELP MAINTENANCE ITEM HINTS – CAN I SOLVE THEM QUICKLY MYSELF?
- ELECTRICAL OUTLETS AREN’T WORKING
- GARBAGE DISPOSAL NOT WORKING – HUMMING? – NO SOUND? – CLOGGED?
- BULBS ARE SHORTING OUT IN DIMMABLE FIXTURES – DINING ROOM, KITCHEN, ETC.
- DRAINS OR TOILET IS CLOGGED
- GARAGE DOOR WON’T CLOSE
- LEAKING SINK DRAIN
- LOST PO BOX KEY
- THERMOSTAT PROGRAMMING
- IRRIGATION SYSTEM PROGRAMMING
- MY REFRIGERATOR IS LEAKING