Because we do property management differently!
Since 1988 Todd has owned and managed his own rental properties. Many other team members also own their own rentals – this makes a huge difference on how we approach everything from leasing to maintenance.
- We take calls and show properties after hours and 7 days a week – a huge competitive advantage.
- We respond first with our team when receiving a maintenance call – this saves owners money and gets a faster response for residents – see more (Maintenance)
- We understand how to improve a bottom line for an owner by aggressively using “counterintuitive” business practices and thinking long term (such as lowering the rent to make more for the year!).
- We practice our “quick turn” philosophy – carefully managing turnovers to pre-show and lease-up properties before they go vacant! This cuts down on vacancy times – one of the most expensive items affecting an owners’ bottom line.
- We do what it takes to get the job done! Vendors coordinating with each other on a weekend or in the middle of the night! Property managers on their hands and knees completing that final cleaning so that a quick turn can happen! A team member delivering heaters in the middle of the night until a part for a heating system arrives! A manager working over the bureaucracy at a utility company to help a new tenant sign up!
- We do not nickel and dime owners for every item – we do not see every area of management as a profit center. For instance, one management company that Todd used actually (tried to) charge him for his year-end tax statement. Another held back a “management fee” on the monies impounded for damages from a tenant’s security deposit!
- We will help teach residents how to take care of the property – how to change filters on appliances and HVAC systems, how to run an irrigation system, how to clean a glass cooktop, or clear a clogged garbage disposal. This leads to happier residents, lower costs for owners, fewer damages to property and fewer “emergency” calls for our team.
- When visiting a property for a maintenance call, we complete an entire checklist – reviewing all systems and checking on how the resident is doing in the property.
- We provide simple, easy-to-read profit and loss statements each month and a summary at the year’s end – organized in a fashion that you can actually use for items such as tax preparation or analysis of a portfolio.
- We review every portfolio account every month and send each owner a personal communication with useful updates not only on their property but also on the sales and rental markets in our area.